Join Magnolia Rasak for a dive into the path of yoga in her 200 HR Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Program. This training is an immersion into the heart of yoga, and an exploration into the philosophy and practices of yoga. Whether you are interested in becoming a yoga teacher, or seeking to deepen your yoga practice, this training will guide you into a deeper understanding of yogic philosophy and yogic practices.
This training will offer a deep understanding of yogic philosophies and yoga asana breakdown. We will examine both eastern and western anatomy and how the physical and energetic structures of the body interact with the practice of yoga. This is so much more than just a training, it is a transformational journey into the path of yoga, and what it means to live yoga both on and off the mat.
We will learn about the fundamentals of Ayurverda, meditation, mantra, mudra, Eastern dieties and engage as a community in fun hands on learning! You will walk away with a profound understanding of yoga and a deep transformation of your personal practice. You will learn how to hold the seat of a teacher in your daily life as well as in a class setting.
*A welcome letter and booklist will be emailed to you upon receipt of your deposit.
Training will be held in Santa Cruz CA.
Questions? Email- Magnolia@magnoliarasak.com
Training Dates for 2018:
Thursday, Sept. 27 - Monday, October 1
Friday, October 12 - Sunday, October 14
Friday, October 26 - Sunday, October 28
Friday, November 9 - Sunday, November 11
Friday, November 30 - Sunday, December 2
Friday, December 14 - Sunday, December 16
Please arrive on time. Every minute counts and we will start right on time. Please arrive by 8:45am to set up your mat ready to begin practice at 9am.
Subud Center, 3800 Soquel San Jose Rd, Soquel, CA 95073
Early Bird Pricing Until August 1st. All prices increase $200 after August 1st.
$2550 pay in full
$2750 monthly payment plan
$500 non-refundable deposit due at registration. Credit applied to any future payment plan, or pay in full option.
All payments are non-refundable.
To Register: Fill out Application below and Submit Payment:
Sample Daily Schedule:
9-10:30 Morning Asana
10:45-12:30 Yoga Sutras, Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga
1:30-3:00 Technique Training – trikonasana, ardhachandrasana, sukhasana, vajrasana
3:00-3:45 – The Kleshas and the Yoga Sutras
3:45- 4:30 Pranayama/mantra: Kumbhaka- the retention of breath- Puraka and Rechaka- how holding fullness and emptiness can transform our practice and our life
4:30-6 Evening Puja and Abyanga Self Oiling Massage, Deep Savasana Relaxation
Please fill out application and select your payment option. Must submit $500 non-refundable deposit to reserve your spot, will be applied to your total payment.
$50 discount applied if total payment is made in cash. Please note this in the additional comments section.
If ready to pay in full, or submit a deposit to hold your spot, please send payment via PayPal by clicking the button below. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please make a note in the additional comments and I will contact you directly for payment.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
By completing the application form you acknowledge that you have fully read AND agreed to both the Liability Waiver below as well as the terms and conditions stated above.
- I warrant that I am in good health, and have no physical or mental condition that would prevent me or render it inadvisable for me to participate in the yoga intensive and teacher’s training program.
- Yoga is an individual experience and I understand that I should progress at my own pace while participating in the physically active portions of the Anahata School of Yoga Teacher Training Program. If at any point I feel overexertion or fatigue, I will respect my own body's limitations and I will rest before continuing Yoga or any other exercise.
- In consideration of receiving permission to participate in this program, I, for myself and for my personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, hereby agree to release and discharge from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all claims I may have against any person or entity involved with this program in any manner, including but not limited to Anahata School of Yoga Trainings, Sarah Rasak (Magnolia Rasak Yoga) each of their agents, employees, and representatives, as a result of any injury or damage, including death, sustained by me or to my property while participating in this program, whether caused by the negligence of any of the above named parties or others, and whether foreseen or unforeseen.
- I understand that not all yoga exercises or practices are suitable for everyone and that participation in the suggested exercises and practices may result in injury. With the knowledge that any of these exercises and practices can result in injury, I hereby expressly assume all risks associated with participation in this program, including the risk of injury or damage resulting from performing any of these exercises and practices.
- I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless any of the above named parties from any claim by or against me arising out of my participation in this program, including all of their attorney’s fees and costs.
- I understand that the instruction and advice presented in this program is not intended as a substitute for medical advice and counseling, and that one should consult a physician prior to the start of any new exercises or practices. I consent to and permit emergency treatment, medical or other wise, in the event of injury or illness. I further release all persons associated with this program in any manner from any claim whatsoever on account of treatment or service rendered to me during this program.
- I represent that I am in good health, at least 18 years of age, have the necessary current medical approval to engage in physical exercise and yoga instructional classes and teacher training and have no disability, impairment, injury, disease or ailment which would cause risk of injury or adverse health consequences as a result of engaging in physical exercise and yoga instructional classes and teacher training. I acknowledge that Magnolia Rasak/Anahata School of Yoga is relying on this representation and I understand that Magnolia Rasak/Anahata School of Yoga will neither investigate nor certify my health or my fitness to participate in physical exercise and yoga instructional classes and teacher training.
"Let me first say that it was inspiring to learn from such an exceptional and knowledgable teacher, Magnolia Rasak. As a student in her yoga class, I really connected with Magnolia and I love her teaching style. When she announced a yoga teacher training, I quickly signed up and even changed my travel plans to make it happen. After completing her yoga training a few weeks ago, I can now say that Magnolia is someone who truly lives what she teaches. Everyday I was inspired by her authenticity and dedication to the practice of yoga.
As a yoga newb, my knowledge of yoga was asanas only. And so I naively thought we’d be doing poses every waking minute of our training. This actually intimidated me a bit and I worried my personal practice wouldn’t be good enough. This was not the case at all. We did practice plenty of poses and I was excited to gain insight into Magnolia’s amazing teaching. Magnolia offered a clear break down of each posture, provided valuable tips on avoiding injury, and shared important information to consider as a future teacher. We also had plenty of time to practice teach.
You should have heard the first time I taught. It was a little rough, but over time I gained confidence in my words and I’ve progressed leaps and bounds since. Now I’m a confident teacher. This knowledge of postures has also helped me reach a new connectedness with my body and has fueled my personal practice as a result. I’m much more confident in my body too. But in my training I learned that asanas are only one of the eight limbs of yoga.
Magnolia started each day with a lovely yoga flow and spent the rest of our time teaching us about meditation, breathing exercises, anatomy, the chakras, assists, yoga philosophy and much much more. With her deep knowledge, Magnolia taught us what it means to live yoga on and off the mat. We learned about self care and discipline, karmic energy and relationships, and harnessing our own inner energy. We talked about diet with an extremely knowledgeable Ayurvedic expert.
We went on a number of excursions including a mindfulness retreat to the Land of the MedicineBuddha, a meditative walk in the redwoods of Big Basin, and an inspiring talk with a tea guru at Hidden Peak in downtown Santa Cruz. We even practiced Thai massage from a massage master. We were introduced to new meditation practices and breathing exercises, learning the subtle art of managing our own thought patterns. We sang mantras to deepen our spiritual practice and learned how to connect with ourselves in a much more meaningful way. Magnolia’s teacher training was a complete immersion into all things yoga and it was transformative.
I learned more about yoga and myself than I ever would have thought. A lot of new emotions stirred up that led me to question my own personal habits and lifestyle choices. I experienced quite a bit of growth and I made some big life changes as a result. There’s no question that I’m definitely a more mindful person for having completed this training. I’m so grateful for this opportunity. Magnolia’s teacher training was a worthwhile experience that I would recommend to anyone."
"Absolutely amazing personal and educational experience!"
"Magnolia was an amazing teacher and I'm so glad I decided to get trained through her Anahata School of Yoga. I learned so much, and had such an amazing, transformative experience."